Tuesday

In a mathematical way

Yesterday morning, Louise jumped in my bed and asked me how many days til Christmas. Usually, I'm wont to turn it into math practice, but I felt indulgent, so I just said “twelve” but before I had even got the word out of my math, Louise said “tell me in a mathematical way” (which means I should say something like “well, Christmas is the 25th and today is the 13th, so...”). In fact, it was the third or fourth time she had asked me that in the last few days, it kind of surprises me since she often gets mad when I answer in a mathematical way. Or maybe she just used to and now she likes it.

Anyway, this morning, we were talking about getting two futons delivered, and I said I thought it would cost around $35, and she said “so that would be $70 for the two of them” and again she surprised me because she hasn’t wanted to carry in her head, and then she said, “you know how I did it? 30 and 30 are 60, and then the two fives are 10, so that’s 70”. I was totally psyched. Maybe it is time for some pig-out and some cosmic wimpout, and maybe even monopoly...

And no, they don't charge a delivery fee for each futon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home