Friday

Lots of reading

We finally finished painting Louise's bookshelves, which meant that we could take her bookshelves into Albert and Katherine's room. Along with the shelves came a copy of My Father's Dragon, which I showed to Albert and quietly suggested he might be interested in. A few minutes later, he brought it to me and told me he wanted to read it.

And he loved it. All three listened and begged for one more chapter each time we finished the last. Albert hadn't been so interested in a chapter book since we read Winnie the Pooh. We finished the first book and half of the second before I got tired. Then Albert said he'd read a little bit to Katherine, and they both got into his bed, which they both agreed was perfect for two kids, and he read her a whole chapter from Frog and Toad and then Wheels on the Bus as well. It was pretty cute. It was the first time in a long time that I felt motivated to get out the video camera.

Louise, for her part, was snuggled up in her own bed, finishing her first Magic Tree House (Buffalos before Breakfast, I believe), and then later when I checked on her, I saw she was finishing another Junie B Jones (Cheater Pants).

1 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, you've got great posts in your site. gotta give you credit for that. found me some articles too in your site i think are worth bookmarking, thanks. keep it up.

jay
board and batten siding

 

Post a Comment

<< Home