Tuesday

Kids of all ages

I was talking to the mom of a daughter in Louise's farm “school” and we were planning to get the girls together for a playdate. We talked for a while and then I mentioned Albert's birthday was coming up. She then asked me how old Louise was. I told her that Louise would be 8 in January.

And then a funny thing happened. As she told me that her daughter Nancy was going to be 7 in March, I heard a strange doubt in her voice, and I felt it at the same time in myself: Our kids are not the same age. We both brushed it off, but it occurred to me later that I habitually use age as a filter when we meet new children. Needless to say, in school, Louise and Nancy would most likely never have met, let alone become friends.

Louise, Albert, and Katherine simply look for kids that they like to play with. Seems like they have the smarter system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home