Monday

Box houses, Junie B. Jones, and Counting, Always Counting

Albert found a big box yesterday (we are surrounded by them in every room) and decided to make himself a house out of it. He got out a pair of scissors and some duct tape and proceeded to cut out a door and a window, tape the top shut, and add other decorative pieces. It was quite an enterprise, and he was completely absorbed for a good hour. It was fun watching him work.

Louise woke up this morning and got into bed with us and said she could count backwards from 30 to 1. I asked her to do it, and she did. Then she said she could do it from 40 or 50 or even 100. I said do it from 100, and she did that too. I asked her about the Junie B. Jones book she had started last night ("JBJ is almost a flower girl") and she said she finished it, and then told me about it. I think it's very cool that she's reading whole books to herself.

Katherine was sitting on the sofa looking at books with Albert, counting some things, and her counting maybe gets up to 4 or 5 on a good day. So I heard her asking Albert to teach her how to count past there. It was very cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home